Monday 9 April 2012

GUEST BLOG: Marketing 101

Hi there I'm Athalia.


I'm the Alleyway Project's resident marketing lass, and I'm also performing in the project too (my character may surprise you!)

I love working in the arts, and i also love marketing (I'm pretty nerdy!) so I thought I'd share with you 5 basic marketing tips that you can use on any project!

1. Communication: remember everything you do, say, create and share is a message you send out which create/alter perceptions and opinions. 

2. Consistency: above all make sure your branding and any communication is similar and identifiable. McDonalds and Google are great examples of branding consistency :) (check out more from maccas here)




 3.  Targeted: know who your audience is. Everything you send out/create should be designed to attract the attention of a certain group of people -  know what they like, where they hang out, and what they are interested in.

4. Interactive: Try and create/establish platforms for your target market to interact with you - give your their thoughts, feedback and generally get to know the brand/product. The more people contribute the more they feel involved and the more personally invested they will be in following your messages and wanting to understand your product.

5. Believe in your product AND have Fun: There is no reason why you can't always have fun with marketing :) people can tell if your brand/product is something you really believe in so make sure you are invested 100% and others will take an interest also!




I hope you got a little sumthin' sumthin' from this blog post!

OH by the way, I'm in Dan Evan's play as part of Alleyway Project :) Come see me be 2x more then what i already am!

ALSO, competition is still on!
AND Alleyway's got tickets w a drink. Check out the rest of the shows while you're there!




No comments:

Post a Comment